WEST VIRIGINA JUDICIARY
VIEWING PDF FORMS / FILES
Almost all forms / files available within the West Virginia Judiciary website are provided in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf). While most web browsers have a PDF Viewer (add-in) for .pdf files. The add-in does not provide the full functionality needed for some of the fillable forms throughout the West Virginia Judiciary website. (Some forms will open with a 'Please wait...' message across the web browser.) It is therefore suggested that the form / file be downloaded to the computer or mobile device. Once the form / file is downloaded it requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing, which is a free application (see links below).
For desktop/laptop computers:
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader application
For mobile devices:
- For just viewing .pdf files download Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile from the app store.
- For fillable PDF forms, download Adobe Fill and Sign mobile from the app store.
TWO METHODS TO DOWNLOAD A PDF FORM / FILE
- Save / Download an individual .pdf form / file; or
- Change the web browser settings to always download .pdf forms / files
SAVE / DOWNLOAD A INDIVIDUAL .PDF
NOTE: Remember to always visit this site and download the latest form / file to ensure accuracy.
NOTE: If the .pdf form / file still opens in the web browser and not Acrobat Reader, then go to the default viewer instructions below.
Mac / Apple Users
CHANGE THE WEB BROWSER TO ALWAYS DOWNLOAD .PDF FILES / FORMS
The second method to download .pdf forms / files to the computer/mobile device is to change the web browser settings so that it always downloads .pdfs.
SET ADOBE ACROBAT READER AS DEFAULT PDF VIEWER
Now that you have the document or form downloaded, you may still receive a 'Please wait...' message. This is due to the desktop/laptop having the default PDF viewer set to the web browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader. To change the default PDF viewer follow the below instructions:
To change how all .pdfs are viewed:
To view an individual .pdf:
- Go to the .pdf form / file that you recently downloaded
- Hover the mouse cursor over the document and Right Click.
- Click 'Open with'
- Click 'Adobe Acrobat Reader'
Mac / Apple