Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Closed on state and Federal holidays.
2013 legal holiday CLOSINGS
- New Year's Day - Tuesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King Day - Monday, January 21
- Presidents' Day - Monday, February 18
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
- West Virginia Day - Thursday, June 20
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 14
- Veteran's Day - Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29
- Christmas - Wednesday, December 25
DIRECTIONS TO THE LIBRARY
- Take I-64 to Charleston, West Virginia.
- When you arrive in Charleston, take the Greenbrier Street exit.
- If you are traveling on I-64 West, at the end of the exit ramp make a left turn onto Greenbrier Street.
- If you are traveling on I-64 East, at the end of the exit ramp make a right turn onto Greenbrier Street.
- Proceed on Greenbrier Street to the first traffic light which is the intersection of Greenbrier and Washington Streets. Make a left turn. You will see a guardhouse and the guard will be able to direct you to a metered parking space. You will need coins for the meters.
- Enter the main Capitol building (the building with the gold dome on top) from the East Wing (the East Wing faces California Avenue). For handicapped access, please use the ramp located at the East Wing entrance on California Avenue..
- Take the elevators to the 4th floor. Turn right when exiting the elevator. The State Law Library is located at the end of the hall in Room E-404.